Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Beach Bag and the River of Life



A beach bag I designed and made is being featured today in "Stitchers Showcase" on Emblibrary.com.  The link to the post is:
 http://www.emblibrary.com/el/elprojects/showcase_elp.aspx?page=sh_022211_D

I designed and made this beach bag for my mother-in-law who has now passed away.  The beach and the mountains were her two "get-away from it all" places to go.  She got to use the bag once on a trip with her sisters.  She did not want to take it because she was scared she would get it dirty.  I told her that was why I lined the bottom half with vinyl and she had better put it in the sand. :) 

She had planned a trip for New Years Eve Dec 2009 to take me to the beach with her, along with my father-in-law and husband.  It would have been the first trip we took, all four of us.  She passed away Dec 26, 2009 and we never took our trip to the beach, but she is now by the beautiful River of Life.  I found the beach bag in the closet at her house with beach towels and her lotions for the beach.  It made me cry, but I just kept thinking about the River of Life and her walking along its shores and how much more awesome that must be than even the ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment